11 June 2015

Belle & Sebastian Live - Radio City NYC





































Belle & Sebastian treated us to a wonderfully elegant, upbeat performance
that was filled with beats, melodies, charm and pure artistry on every level.

SET LIST:
Nobody's Empire
I'm a Cuckoo
The Party Line
The State I Am In
Dirty Dream Number Two
Perfect Couples
Piazza, New York Catcher
Allie
The Cat With the Cream
If You're Feeling Sinister
The Wrong Girl
Dear Catastrophe Waitress
If You Find Yourself Caught in Love
The Boy with the Arab Strap
I Didn't See It Coming
Sleep the Clock Around

ENCORE:
Lazy Line Painter Jane
Judy and the Dream of Horses

The show itself was a thrill of its own but the true highlight of the 
 evening was getting to spend time with my longtime friend Lorie, 
who I've known since we were both students at Parsons in the 1990s 
but haven't seen since about 1999 or 2000. Don't even ask me how we let 
that happen. There are some folks you can go without seeing for years, 
yet after a big hello, start talking with as if you've had lunch just last week.
 Lorie is truly in that category. Cheers, my friend. Thanks for joining me!