15 July 2015

July Spreads Her Wings


July has been spreading its wings wide.


I did some Pennsylvania trekking with my pal Steve.


Had some diner food and read some strange placemat ads...


Stared at diner mirrors and thrift shop bathrooms...



Heard tabloid screams and saw night time diner scenes...



Walked beneath turbulent skies and had visits with Mom & Dad's dog...



I gazed at blossoms and weathervanes...




Found quizzical objects and wondered at skyscapes...


I checked out the steel and glass displays...




I found defunct diners and discount sunglasses...



I saw country couture and vintage kitsch...


I visited an estate sale in Hazleton, PA...






I did not want to leave this invitingly gorgeous old home
or end my conversation with the lovely people who owned it.


As I sometimes do, I visited the corner of 
Pine and Noble Streets in Hazleton, Pennsylvania.
This is the home my Dad grew up in and the home that
housed his Dad's neighborhood bar for many years.
It's since been refaced but the profile is the same...



The side street garage looks pretty much as it did when we
would visit my Nana Rose and Pop Pop Phil in the 1970s & 80s.



Parting glance and a splitscreen...
Pop Pop Phil and My Dad (1950) with Pine & Noble (2015)


And then there are our skies...
There has been no shortage of beautiful skies this July.